Sara lives and works in Brooklyn, NY. Her video/installations/digital images have been included in numerous shows and screenings nationally and internationally since the late 80's. She had one-person show at Sarah Lawrence College, Open Source Gallery, Momenta Art and Gallery 456.
Recent video screenings/projections include "Immersive Surfaces" outdoor projection at Dumbo Arts Festival, The Mission for Temporal Art in Marshall, NC, Aurora New Media Art Festival in Dallas, TX and in 2015 "The Luminous Surface" video installation show at Salisbury University, Maryland. Her selected works were part of curatorial exhibits at The Brooklyn Museum, Rotunda Gallery, Dumbo Arts Festival, Video_Dumbo, Asian American Art Center, Ende Tymes Festival, Westbeth Courtyard, Soapbox Gallery, Art in General, Triple Candie, Shirley Fiterman Gallery, BWAC Pier Show, 450 Broadway Gallery, Foundation for Art Resources, L.A., CA, Pixilerations New Media Festival, Providence, RI, Boston Center for the Arts, The Coolidge Corner Theatre in Boston, Mobius in Boston, Palm Beach Institute of Contemporary Art, FL, and Minneapolis College of Art & Design Gallery. She was a Bronx Museum of the Arts AIM program artist and awarded artist residencies at McColl (Tryon) Center for Visual Art in NC, Djerassi Residency in CA and Ping-Tung Peninsula International Arts Festival and Residency in Taiwan.
Her drawings are part of The Drawing Center Viewing Program and Pierogi Gallery's Online File. She had her one-person drawing show at the Governors Islands Art Fair. Group shows include Lorimoto Gallery, Gallery at BRIC House and Pierogi Gallery.
• Video "Walk the Cracks" in "TRUTH" exhibition at Gallery at BRIC House, Brooklyn NY, 11/16–12/17
• Drawing in “Et Tu, Art Brute?” in the basement of Andrew Edlin Gallery, NYC 11/17–1/28, 2018
• Drawing in 2017 BOS Seeking Space exhibition, Brooklyn NY, 9/22–24
• "Untitled I, II and III" digital art series in "Learning to Fly – A Celebration of Flight and Exploration", 1/17–3/10, The Walsh Gallery, Seton Hall University
• Adobe Creative Suite (CC and CS6)
• Animate CC(aka Flash)
• Google Web Designer
• HTML5 banner animation
• Web animation to QT Presentation
• Digital design and banner resizes
• Photoshop GIF
• Premiere Pro and FCP 7 video editing
• HTML email design
• Print layout and production
• Photoshop website design
• Weebly website builder
• Edit code in Greensock, HTML and CSS
• Basic After Effects and 3D
• Basic Wordpress
Current and Past Freelance:
• KBS, NYC
• Sawyer Studios, NYC, L.A.
• Penguin Random House Publishing, NYC
• In Demand L.L.C., NYC
• Organic Inc., NYC
• The Cooper Group, NYC
• TBWA Worldwide, NYC
• Tag Worldwide, NYC
• The Gate Worldwide, NYC
• Ogilvy & Mather Interactive, NYC
• Anomaly, NYC
• JUICE Pharma Worldwide, NYC
• GSW Pharma Advertising, NYC
• CAHG Pharma Advertising, NYC
• Concentric Pharma Advertising, NYC
• Seiden Advertising, NYC
• BBMG Advertising, NYC
• KD&E, NYC
• MME, NYC
• One Eighteen Advertising Inc., L.A., CA
Past FT Freelance:
• Flash and Web Designer at GSW Pharma Worldwide, NYC
(2012 to 2013)
• Flash and Web Designer at CAHG/Kinect Pharma, NYC
(2007 to 2009)
• Print Design at Time Inc., PEOPLE and TEEN PEOPLE, NYC
(1989 to 1996 and 1998 to 2000)
Town Hall Teaching Artist in Digital Art and Animation for
PS347 Middle School, NYC
(September 2014 to June 2015)
In 2015, my student's digital art was selected for the 1st annual NYC Manhattan Borough Arts Festival at the Cooper Hewitt Museum Harlem Design Center.
Graduate Artist Mentor at The Art Institute of Boston/Lesley College,
(2007 and 2009)
• Mentors graduate Fine Arts students for their thesis shows.
• Conducts critiques and provides guidance to their projects.
Teaching Artist Consultant, 21st Century Community Learning Center,
Henry Street Settlement, NYC
(Spring 2005 to 2006)
• Conduct after-school classes combining digital photography, Photoshop and collage.
• Create graphic design for Henry School Settlement and International School(HSSIS).
Adjunct faculty instructor for Long Island University, CW Post and
Stony Brook University, NY
(2003 to 2005 and 2010)
• Teach digital art courses and conduct Graduate Independent Study courses to Fine Arts students at Long Island University
• Teach digital art summer course at Stony Brook University
Computer Graphics Instructor at Career Education Institute of
(2002 to 2004)
• Teach monthly basic and advanced Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Flash
Motion Graphics and Dreamweaver classes to adult learners and visa students; develop lesson plans; design and manage student grades and students files.
MFA, Studio for Interrelated Media
Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, MA
MFA Studio Art Program at Hunter College, NYC
Studio Art Program at School of Visual Arts, NYC
BA, Design and Media Art
University of California, Los Angeles, CA