Sara lives and works in Brooklyn, NY. Her 2D installation, video/installation, and digital images have been included in numerous shows and screenings nationally and internationally since the late 80's. Her other on-going project is drawing
which started in 2006. She had one-person show at Sarah Lawrence College,
Open Source Gallery, Momenta Art and Gallery 456. Her recent video screenings/ projections include 2017 "Walk the Cracks" video in "TRUTH" at BRIC House Gallery, Brooklyn; 2015 "The Luminous Surface" video installation at Salisbury University in Maryland; "Immersive Surfaces" outdoor projection at Dumbo Arts Festival, Brooklyn; The Mission for Temporal Art in Marshall, North Carolina; and Aurora New Media Art Festival in Dallas, TX. In 2017, her "Untitled I, II and III"
digital image series was selected for "Learning to Fly – A Celebration of Flight
and Exploration" at The Walsh Gallery, Seton Hall University, NJ.
Selected past curatorial video screenings and projections include Pixilerations New Media Festival, Providence, RI, Rotunda Gallery, Cologne International Video Arts Festival, Germany, Foundation for Art Resources, L.A., CA, Video Dumbo, The Brooklyn Museum of Art, Ende Tymes Festival, Art in General, Triple Candie, Asian American Art Center, Boston Center for the Arts, The Coolidge Corner Theatre in Boston and Mobius in Boston.
She had her one-person drawing show at the Governors Islands Art Fair. Recent group shows include well reviewed 2017 “Et Tu, Art Brute?” at the Andrew Edlin Gallery Basement in Manhattan; BRIC House Gallery, Brooklyn; Lorimoto Gallery, Brooklyn and Pierogi Gallery in Manhattan. Her drawings are part of The Drawing Center Viewing Program and Pierogi Gallery's Online File.
Sara had awarded artist residencies at McColl (Tryon) Center for Visual Art in Charlotte, NC, Djerassi Residency, CA and Ping-Tung Peninsula International Arts Festival and Residency, Taiwan. She was a Bronx Museum of the Arts AIM program artist.
• November 15, 2018 to January 30, 2019
Inaugural E.Craig Wall Jr. Academic Center Video Projection Exhibition
Van Every/Smith Galleries, Davidson College, North Carolina
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Animate CC (aka Flash)
• Google Web Designer
• Digital design and layout
• Static banner design and resizes
• HTML5 banner animation
• Web animation to QT Presentation
• Print layout and production
• Photoshop website design
• Email design
• Premiere Pro and FCP 7 video editing
• Weebly website builder
• Edit code in Greensock, HTML and CSS
• Basic After Effect
• Basic Wordpress
Current and Past Freelance:
• Ad Council, NYC
• KBS, NYC
• Ingenio.com (Keen), S.F.
• Sawyer Studios, NYC, L.A.
• Penguin Random House Publishing, NYC
• In Demand L.L.C., NYC
• Organic Inc., NYC
• The Cooper Group, NYC
• TBWA Worldwide, NYC
• Tag Worldwide, NYC
• The Gate Worldwide, NYC
• Ogilvy & Mather Interactive, NYC
• Anomaly, NYC
• JUICE Pharma Worldwide, NYC
• GSW Pharma Advertising, NYC
• CAHG Pharma Advertising, NYC
• Concentric Pharma Advertising, NYC
• Seiden Advertising, NYC
• BBMG Advertising, NYC
• KD&E, NYC
• MME, NYC
• One Eighteen Advertising Inc., L.A., CA
Past FT Freelance:
• Flash and Web Designer at GSW Pharma Worldwide, NYC
(2012 to 2013)
• Flash and Web Designer at CAHG/Kinect Pharma, NYC
(2007 to 2009)
• Print Design at Time Inc., PEOPLE and TEEN PEOPLE, NYC
(1989 to 1996 and 1998 to 2000)
Town Hall Teaching Artist in Digital Art and Animation for
PS347 Middle School, NYC
(September 2014 to June 2015)
In 2015, my student's digital art was selected for the 1st annual NYC Manhattan Borough Arts Festival at the Cooper Hewitt Museum Harlem Design Center.
Graduate Artist Mentor at The Art Institute of Boston/Lesley College,
(2007 and 2009)
• Mentors graduate Fine Arts students for their thesis shows.
• Conducts critiques and provides guidance to their projects.
Teaching Artist Consultant, 21st Century Community Learning Center,
Henry Street Settlement, NYC
(Spring 2005 to 2006)
• Conduct after-school classes combining digital photography, Photoshop and collage.
• Create graphic design for Henry School Settlement and International School(HSSIS).
Adjunct faculty instructor for Long Island University, CW Post and
Stony Brook University, NY
(2003 to 2005 and 2010)
• Teach digital art courses and conduct Graduate Independent Study courses to Fine Arts students at Long Island University
• Teach digital art summer course at Stony Brook University
Computer Graphics Instructor at Career Education Institute of
(2002 to 2004)
• Teach monthly basic and advanced Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Flash Motion Graphics and Dreamweaver classes to adult learners and visa students; develop lesson plans; design and manage student grades and students files.
MFA, Studio for Interrelated Media
Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, MA
MFA Studio Art Program at Hunter College, NYC
Studio Art Program at School of Visual Arts, NYC
BA, Design and Media Art
University of California, Los Angeles, CA