Sara lives and works in Brooklyn, NY. Her 2D installations, video installations and
digital images have been included in numerous shows and screenings nationally and internationally for decades. Her other on-going project is drawing that she has started since 2006. Her one-person shows include 2012 at the Governors Island Art Fair; 2009 at Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville NY, the same year Open Source Gallery, Brooklyn; 2002 at Gallery 456 in NYC and 2000 at Momenta Art, Brooklyn.
In 2017, her "Untitled I, II and III" digital image series was selected for "Learning
to Fly – A Celebration of Flight and Exploration" at The Walsh Gallery, Seton Hall University, NJ. Her recent video screenings/projections include 2017 "Walk the Cracks" video in "TRUTH" at BRIC House Gallery, Brooklyn; 2015 "The Luminous Surface" video installation at Salisbury University in Maryland; "Immersive Surfaces" outdoor projection at Dumbo Arts Festival, Brooklyn; The Mission for Temporal Art in Marshall, North Carolina and Aurora New Media Art Festival in Dallas, Texas.
Selected curatorial video screenings and projections include The Brooklyn Museum; Pixilerations New Media Festival, Providence, RI; Dumbo Arts Festival; Rotunda Gallery; Cologne Int'l Video Arts Festival, Germany; Foundation for Art Resources, L.A., CA; Video Dumbo; Ende Tymes Festival, Brooklyn; Art in General; Triple Candie; Asian American Art Center; Palm Beach Institute of Contemporary Art; Boston Center for the Arts; Coolidge Corner Theatre and Mobius in Boston.
In 2012, her one-person drawing show was presented at the Governors Island
Art Fair. Recent drawing group shows include well reviewed 2017-18 “Et Tu, Art Brute?” at the Andrew Edlin Gallery Basement in Manhattan; Seeking Space 2017 Bushwick Open Studio Official Group Show; OPEN (C)ALL at BRIC House Gallery, Brooklyn; Lorimoto Gallery, Brooklyn and Pierogi Gallery in Manhattan. Her drawings are part of The Drawing Center Viewing Program and Pierogi Gallery Online Flat File.
Sara has received awarded artist residencies at McColl (Tryon) Center for Visual Art in Charlotte, NC; Djerassi Residency, CA and Ping-Tung Peninsula International Arts Festival and Residency, Taiwan. She was a Bronx Museum of the Arts AIM program artist. Past reviews of her work included Cate McQuaid at The Boston Globe; Christopher Millis at South End News, Boston; Matthew Murphy at IN Newsweekly, Boston; Gary Schwan at The Palm Beach Post, FL; Anthony Lane at The New Yorker; Sarah Schmerler at Time Out New York and World Journal Art Review, NYC.
2018 Exhibitions and News:
• November 15, 2018 to January 30, 2019
Inaugural E.Craig Wall Jr. Academic Center Video Projection Exhibition
Van Every/Smith Galleries, Davidson College, North Carolina
• August 24-25, 2018
Freeze Tag – Video Installation Event at Playground/Brooklyn Art Cluster Space.
• August 13, 2018 – My Djerassi Residency Website Story Project published.
• November 17, 2017 to January 28, 2018
Drawing at “Et Tu, Art Brute?” exhibition at the Andrew Edlin Gallery Basement
• Knowledge of UI/UX
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Animate CC (aka Flash)
• Google Web Designer
• Digital design and layout
• Static banner design and resizes
• HTML5 banner animation
• Video Presentation
• Premiere Pro and FCP 7 video editing
• Web animation to QT Presentation
• Indesign layout and production
• Photoshop website layout and production
• Email design
• Weebly website builder
• Edit code in Greensock temp., HTML/CSS
• Basic After Effect
• Basic Wordpress
Recent and Past Freelances:
• Ad Council, NYC
• KBS, NYC
• Havas, NYC
• Ingenio.com (KEEN), S.F.
• Sawyer Studios, NYC, L.A.
• Penguin Random House Publishing, NYC
• In Demand L.L.C., NYC
• Organic Inc., NYC
• The Cooper Group, NYC
• TBWA Worldwide, NYC
• Tag Worldwide, NYC
• The Gate Worldwide, NYC
• Ogilvy & Mather Interactive, NYC
• Anomaly, NYC
• JUICE Pharma Worldwide, NYC
• GSW Pharma Advertising, NYC
• CAHG Pharma Advertising, NYC
• Concentric Pharma Advertising, NYC
• Seiden Advertising, NYC
• BBMG Advertising, NYC
• KD&E, NYC
• MME, NYC
• One Eighteen Advertising Inc., L.A., CA
• Digital and Web Prod. Designer at GSW Pharma Worldwide, NYC
(2012 to 2013)
Performed digital and web production design and banner ads.
• Digital Interactive Designer at CAHG, NYC
(Oct to Dec 2010)
Assisted digital and web interactive projects and banner ads.
• Digital Production Designer at JUICE Pharma, NYC
(Aug to Dec 2009)
Assisted Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash production and Proscape.
• Digital Interactive Designer at CAHG/Kinect Pharma, NYC
(2007 to 2009)
Designed and produced high quality Flash interactive pharma. projects and presentations with Proscape output. Supported Sr. Interactive Designers and Creative Directors in design and development.
• Print Production Designer at Time-Warner Inc., TEEN PEOPLE Magazine, NYC
(1998 to 2000)
Worked closely with the TEEN PEOPLE Art and Editorial Department on layout, production and QPS system.
• Print Production Designer at Time-Warner Inc., PEOPLE Magazine/PEOPLE Special, NYC
(1989 to 1996)
Worked closely with PEOPLE Special Art and Editorial Dept. on layout, production, QPS, scanning and photo manipulation.
The Town Hall Teaching Artist at PS 347 Middle School, NYC
(September 2014 to June 2015)
Taught hearing disabled middle school students Photoshop digital art and Flash animation. In 2015, my student's digital art was selected for the 1st annual NYC Manhattan Borough Arts Festival at the Cooper Hewitt Museum Harlem Design Center.
Substitute Summer Teaching at Stony Brook University, L.I., NY (Summer 2010)
Taught a 6-week undergraduate digital art class.
Graduate Artist Mentor at The Art Institute of Boston/
Lesley College, Boston, MA
(2007 and 2009)
• Mentored graduate Fine Arts students for their thesis shows.
• Conducted critiques and provided guidance for their projects.
Teaching Artist Consultant, 21st Century Community Learning Center, Henry Street Settlement, NYC
(Spring 2005 to March 2006)
• Conducted after-school classes combining digital photography, Photoshop and collage.
• Assisted graphic design projects for Henry School Settlement
and International School(HSSIS).
Adjunct Faculty Instructor at Long Island University, CW Post, NY
(2003 to 2005)
• Taught digital art courses to graduate and undergraduate Fine Art students.
• Conducted Graduate Independent Study for MFA Students.
Computer Graphics Instructor at Career Education Institute of Technology, NYC
(2002 to 2004)
• Taught monthly basic and advanced Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Flash and Dreamweaver classes to adult learners and visa students; developed lesson plans; designed and managed student grades and students files.
M.F.A., Studio for Interrelated Media
Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, MA
MFA Studio Art Program at Hunter College, NYC
Studio Art Program at School of Visual Arts, NYC
B.A., Design and Media Art
University of California, Los Angeles, CA